September 22 – 30, 2018 is National Coaches Week. To help celebrate all the great volunteer coaches in Grey and Bruce, PLAY is offering a free Fundamental Movement Skills workshop as a way to say thanks! Workshops have been organized for September 22 in Owen Sound and September 29 in Chesley. The workshop is facilitated by the Coaches Association of Ontario and funded by the Ontario Sport and Recreation Community Fund. Pre-registration is required and can be done by calling Amy at 519-376-9420 ext. 1316.
Workshop objectives include:
- Detecting and correcting basic errors for fundamental movement skills in participants so they have a choice to adopt a healthy, active lifestyle
- Applying a teaching process to promote the development of fundamental movement skills
- Adapting fundamental movement skills for participants with intellectual, physical, sensory or behavioural disabilities
- Leading activities that will promote the development of fundamental movement skills in a safe, responsible manner while interacting with others
- Providing stage-appropriate feedback to encourage and develop fundamental movement skills in participant
Space is limited, reserve your spot today.